Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Salt in the coffee

He and she first met each other at a party. She is beautiful and has a lot of followers. He is a normal man.

Gathered up his courage, he asks her out to for a coffee. She is surprised, but wants to be polite, so she accepts his offer.

Sitting inside the coffee shop, the atmosphere between them is rather embarrassing. He cannot find an interesting topic and she gets bored. She only wants to end this as soon as possible.

Everything is changed through when he unreasonably asks the waitress “Please bring me a little salt, I like to drinking coffee with salt”.

She is shocked, the waitress too, and everybody who heard it is shocked as well. Salt? They all turn the face to look at him.


And so the waitress brings the salt, he puts a little bit in the coffee and then drinks very slowly. Now the woman is curious and can’t help asking: ”Why do you drink your coffee with salt?” he is silent for a while and then answers, with each word very carefully and slowly: “when I was a child, I lived beside the sea. At that time I liked to swim in the sea. I always happened to drink some seawater. It’s bitter and salty. I have not gone home for a very long time. I miss my home, I miss the taste of the seawater. That’s why I drink my coffee with salt.”

His story touches her. This is the first time a man tells her about his childhood and his family. Especially the way he misses his past attracts her deeply. She suddenly has the feeling that she can tell him everything about herself. She wants to tell him about her childhood and her warm family. After a long talk, he walks her home.

They meet each other often. She thinks he is very attractive, has a good character and is thoughtful. They fall in love with each other. She is happy she didn’t miss this man.

She brings him to visit all the coffee shop in the city, and every time she would ask the waitress:” bring me some salt please, my boyfriend drinks his coffee with salt.”

And then just like in a fairy tale, “The prince and the princess are married and have a beautiful life.”

Indeed they have 40 lucky years together before he dies.

The story looks finished if without a letter!

To be continued…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home